There are Three Basic Options when considering long term
- Traditional Long Term Care with a monthly premium.
- A Whole Life Insurance Policy with a long term care option.
- An Annuity with a long term care option.
The traditional, comprehensive Long Term Care Policy gives you the
- A basic benefit such as up to $600 per day to cover expenses.
- An inflation rider so your benefit will keep up with future
- A waiting period before benefits start, typically one to three
months from the day you are certified as needing care.
- A specific term of time such as 2 years, 5 years, to age 65 or
With both business and personal plans, multi life discount are often
available. In personal situations the people involved do not need to be
married. For example, a brother and sister can be on the same plan.
The Deficit Reduction Act has made buying a Long Term Care Plan even
more attractive from a estate planning perspective. In most cases,
people would rather make their own decisions on where to stay when care
is needed rather than have Medicare decide for them.
We are living longer lives. Medical advances, nutritional awareness,
Smoking cessation programs and prescription drug advances are combing to
keep us comfortably alive for extended periods. Having a long term care
plan has never been more important.
What did you have in mind? Letís find a solution together. For more
information on this and other subjects call Bruce at 407-765-9444
or fill out the form on our Contact Page.
You may also refer to out Learning Center on this subject in the
menu on the left.